Artisan Unbleached Bread Flour is a premium high-protein flour milled from America's highest quality wheat. It’s a favorite of artisan bakers due to its high gluten content, and perfect for sourdough bread, baguettes, pizza dough, dinner rolls, sandwich loaves, no-knead bread, salt-rising bread, pretzels, bagels and more. Enriched, unbleached and unbromated.
UNBLEACHED and UNBROMATED
America's Best Baking Flour™
Bakers love Artisan Unbleached Bread Flour, the perfect all-purpose flour for all of your bread recipes, from simple homemade bread to sourdough bread. This premium bread flour is milled from U.S.-grown wheat and mixed with malted barley flour, which helps yeast breads rise. The high protein content in bread flour is better than white flour for gluten development, which is especially desirable for chewy baguettes and pizza crusts.
#ProTip: To enhance a great bread recipe, bake your bread or pizza on a preheated baking stone for maximum crunch! Use a pizza peel to remove from oven.
Whether you're baking bread by hand or with a bread machine, this is the flour for you! While AP flour is good for many all-purpose recipe, the protein and gluten of our bread flour makes it a strong flour to achieve those delicious, chewy crusts.
Try our artisan bread recipe below to get started!
To Your Good Health
As a continued commitment to the quality of the products we make and sell, this product has been certified Kosher by OK Kosher Certification of Brooklyn, New York.
All Bob’s Red Mill products are vegetarian. This product is also vegan, meaning it does not include eggs, dairy or honey.
Origin: United States
Manufacturer: Bob’s Red Mill Natural Foods
Address: 13521 SE Pheasant Ct, Milwaukie, OR 97222, USA
Importer & Distributor: Vu An Foods Co., Ltd.
Address: 14/29 Nguyễn Chuyên Mỹ Street, An Lão Town, An Lão District, Hải Phòng City
- When unopened: Keep in a cool, dry place. Avoid direct sunlight.
- Once opened: Refridgerate or freeze the bag to remain the best quality.
No-Knead Artisan Bread
3 cups Artisan Bread Flour
1 1/2 cups Warm Water
2 tsp Salt 1/2 tsp Active Dry Yeast or Instant Yeast
- In a large bowl, combine bread flour, salt and yeast. Add water and stir until a shaggy bread dough forms. Cover bowl with plastic wrap. Let dough rise at room temperature for 10 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450ºF. Place a 4-quart Dutch oven into the preheated oven, without lid, for 30 minutes.
- While Dutch oven heats, turn dough onto a well-floured surface and form into a ball with floured hands. Cover dough loosely with plastic and let rest for 30 minutes. With floured hands, place the dough into heated Dutch oven.
- Cover Dutch oven with its lid and bake for 30 minutes. Remove cover and bake for 12 minutes more. Remove loaf of baked bread from Dutch oven and cool completely before slicing with a serrated knife.