Winner of the 2018 Shiraz Trophy - International Wine & Spirit Competition (IWSC), UK
With the exception of the 2011 vintage, each year since 1997 we have released the iconic Oracle Shiraz. Crafted from old vine fruit grown along the Golden Hillside in Leasingham, it continues to display the opulence, regional character and varietal power the valley is so renown for.
VND 2.090.000 per bottle
VND 2.240.000 per bottle with gift box
Origin: Clare Valley, South Australia, Australia
Type of wine: Red wine
Preservation: Keep dry and cool, avoid direct sunlight
Production: Kilikanoon Wines PTY., Ltd.
Address: Penna Lane, Penwortham South Australia 5453, Australia
Importer: Viet Nang Pty., Ltd.
Address: No. 4, Tran Hung Dao St., Hoan Kiem Dist., Hanoi, Vietnam
Instruction: Drink directly without thermal usage. May take together with red meat, smoked salmon, cheese or snacks.
Certificate No: 11779/2017/ATTP-TNCB
Crafted from old vine fruit grown along the golden hillside in Leasingham, it continues to display the opulence, regional character and varietal power the valley is so renown for.
A number of low-yielding, discreet parcels of Shiraz were selected, vinified separately using time-honoured traditional winemaking techniques, then aged for 18 months in a selection of new and one year old, small French oak casks. The final cuvee was assembled and bottled, both unfined and unfiltered, in January 2016. Extended cellaring then occurred before the release of this wine in 2019.
Colour: Brick red in colour with youthful crimson hues.
Aroma: Richly focussed and hedonistic in its presentation, the aromas of dark chocolate, ripe plums, truffles, kitchen spices and cedary oak char swirl impressively on the nose.
Palate: The concentration, focus and textural qualities of this wine showcase its enduring legacy, further broadened through the raft of flavours both carried over from the nose and appearing for the first time. Ripe juicy plums, dark chocolate, Turkish delight, fresh licorice and tarry complexity, the classy oak and powdery tannins provide a lingering feature of the captivating finish of the wine.
Potential of at least 12 - 15 years with careful cellaring.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
1. (2015 Vintage) GOLD WINNER - WINE INTERNATIONAL CHALLENGE 2019
2. (2014 Vintage) SHIRAZ TROPHY (FOR THE BEST SHIRAZ WINE IN THE WORLD)
Awarded to Kilikanoon's 2014 Oracle Shiraz at the International Wine & Spirit Competition 2018.
Kilikanoon is proud to announce our overwhelming success at the Mundus Vini Grand International Wine Awards by taking home 11 Gold Medals, and the coveted status of Australian Winery of the Year for the third time in 8 years (also won in 2010 and 2017).
The jury was made up of well respected and reputable personalities from around the world including excellent sommeliers, recognized specialty retailers with above-average knowledge of wine, specialist journalists and scientists.
Gold medals are only awarded to the best rated wines within a group, which means Kilikanoon consistently impressed the tasting panels with masterfully composed cuvees. Being awarded Australian Winery of the Year once again highlights Kilikanoon’s dedication and uncompromising commitment to quality and style that has made the brand so successful
4. (2014 Vintage) PLATINUM MEDAL - DECANTER WORLD WINE AWARDS 2018, UK
- 97 Points
- Rich, ripe, intense cherry stone, sweet spices, light toast, dry blueberry and meaty hints, lots of very impressive forward dark fruit on the palate with hints of mocha, very fine tannin and wonderful palate length.
James Halliday Wine Companion 2019, AU
- 93 Points
- Open fermentation with hand pumpovers for 8-9 days. Basket pressed to 50% new French hogsheads for 20 months. Slightly unexpected aromas greet you here, with blackcurrant and truffle more immediately obvious than the typically ripe regional fruit characters which sit behind. Dense rather than brawny on the palate, with a juicy quality and a fresh, tangy feel about the tannin. Oak seems to kick in on the finish. Will be interesting to follow its development.